Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Quarry Grip & Such

OK. Here is the last of the equipment that will be going with us on assignment. Should be self explanatory and again, if you have questions feel free to comment.

Just heard from my contact at the Quarry, (writing this the day before leaving) that the quarry is not that large and impressive as I might think. My contact said that he has seen my work and knows that his location will be a challenge. "Not nearly as impressive as the locations I've seen on your web site". Apparently, this quarry was only started a year ago. Well see. Here's the last video of gear. DT


6 comments:

Will Foster said...

David, you are awesome. I really appreciate what you do for the photography community, and i enjoy watching your videos. Sure they might be boring to someone who isn't interested, but by watching and reading about what you do, it has saved me from a lot of mistakes, and helped me grow as a photographer! I read your blog almost every day (depending on if you post something every day). So, yeah. thanks for teaching!

Unknown said...

I'll second that, your blog and videos are a huge source of information to those of us looking to do this type of photography. You're on my daily read list also, keep up the great work and we're looking forward to seeing some of the shots from the quarry.

Tim Broyer said...

Okay, gotta ask. The putty knife? Sticking it in door jams?

Your videos are great and I hope to do some industrial type work here in the Southeast.

Tim

carlos benjamin - benjphoto.com said...

Poor Eric......

Thanks for the informative (not boring) videos.

OK. My wife said it was boring, but she thinks I'm boring too..... so much for her credibility.....

Will said...

Thanks David! Two questions- what tripod do you recommend and how do you use the putty knife? I suppose you could jam it into a crack somewhere but seems risky.... have a great quarry shoot!

Anonymous said...

Yep, thanks for the posts David. Stop with the "aw shucks this is boring" line already though eh? ;-) If you clicked play you're interested, and there's plenty of us that are I can tell you!

These are gold dust to a lot of us, keep 'em coming and good on you for giving back to the photo community, speaks volumes for your character.

Kind regards
DWBell