Friday, November 23, 2007

Yakima Valley

This is a personal photo shot while on location shooting an annual report for a client of mine. I am always looking for opportunities to shoot while driving to and from locations. This photo was shot in the Yakima Valley where there are lots of fruit orchards and wineries scattered throughout the valley. I was on my way back to the Portland, OR airport where I was to catch a flight to Salt Lake City, UT for the second leg of my trip.


















The late afternoon light was just beautiful, warm and directional. If it had been you driving by this scene I'm sure you too would have stopped. I've never been to Tuscany, Italy but I imagine it would look something like this? If so, I want to go.

Whether I'm on assignment or just driving through my home town of Denver, I am always looking for those special moments when the light is doing it's thing. During the course of the day just living my life, I view the world through photographic eyes. I see things through lens in my mind, switching from wide angle to long telephoto lens, it's just what I do. If you shoot often like I do, I know you understand what I'm saying. It's just one of those things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David,

I came across your site through the link on Strobist the other day. I've since read all of your posts here, and checked out your other sites too. This is great stuff, what I'd like to do if I ever got the chance. In a few of your posts, you had assignments in the Detroit area, which is where I live. Well, near by anyways. If you ever get out this way again, and you can spare some time for lunch let me know. Or even if you get stuck without an assistant, I'll volunteer. I look forward to more of your videos and pictures.

Dale.