Saturday, July 26, 2008

Travel Day-Winnipeg

Fairly short day today, flew from Denver to Winnipeg, MB Canada.  I am on my way to the Canadian Arctic to shoot some exploration drilling for a new client on mine.  I actually have two days of travel to get to my final destination of Ferguson Lake.

I'll be spending the night here in Winnipeg and tomorrow, I'll take a 3 1/2 hour flight to Rankin Inlet, Nunavut.  I'll have to spend tomorrow night in Rankin Inlet because flights to the man camp leaves at 7 AM and there are no flights that allow a connection so early in the morning.

You can see how far I have to travel just to get there.  I've never been this far north before and I am really looking forward to being there.  At this time of year the sun is up for 18 1/2 hours, sunrise at 4 AM and sunset 10:30 PM.

Since I'm traveling along on this assignment, I've packed very light in terms of equipment.  Tomorrow I'll show you what I've packed for this trip and I'll talk a bit about the importance of maintaining professional relationships with your clients.  I am shooting this assignment as a direct result of past relations with the president of the company I'm shooting for. 

3 comments:

Travis said...

Looks like it's gonna be cold. Can we expect a new History Channel series "Ice Road Photographers?"

David Tejada said...

That's funny. I did see something on the plane today about portions of that program being filmed up here. DT

CB said...

Should be fun - enjoy it! Furthest north I have been is the Arctic Circle in Alaska. Beautiful country, home you can get some time for yourself.