Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Work It While You Have Lit!

Several weeks ago I was in Philadelphia teaching a lighting workshop for The Nikonian's Organization. During the course of the workshop, I try my best to demonstrate as many types of lighting that I can squeeze during the time allowed.

For the following photos in this post, I was demonstrating artificial sunlight. I set up two SB-800 outside on tall stands, both fitted with full cuts of CTO's as well as Radio Poppers. The strobes were well outside of line of site and quite far from my camera position.

I think it's very important that you explore as many variation of your shot as possible. Your lights are set, why not try as many different poses and position of your subject as possible. In the short amount of time we had in this one location, I moved Diamandi to various locations within the set. Giving us and her multiple choices at the end of the shoot.

Listen, you've taken the time to set up lights, explore and work your situation too it's fullest.




7 comments:

Dave Keating Photography said...

An excellent tip David. We need to remember to think outside the box and push our creative boundries, and that will help keep us fresh and motivated.

Regards,

Dave

Duane said...

Nice!

fotographx said...

This is a very good tip. We sometimes forget that when we are in the studio the lights don't necessarily need to be inside too. Thanks for the tip.

Admin said...

Hi David,

Awesome stuff as always.
Loved your classes in Dubai, simply amazing stuff, will talk soon, have big plans

Anonymous said...

good.......................................................

Addison Geary said...

Was this at Powerplant? I've been there many times but don't recognize that corner.

David Tejada said...

Hi Addison: Yes, first floor straight back on the left. Strobes paced outside under the bridge construction. DT