Thursday, July 16, 2009

Headed to Paso Robles Workshops







I'm delighted to announce that I'll be teaching a week long workshop at the Paso Robles Workshops this coming October. The Paso Robles Workshops is run by photographer and all around good guy, Syl Arena. Paso Robles, CA is located 1/2 way between Los Angeles & San Francisco on Hwy 101. A popular (and a favorite of mine) Central Coast landmark, The Hearst Castle is about 25 miles just Northwest of Paso Robles.

My course I'm teaching is called "Speedlighting Corporate Portraits - anywhere, Anytime" The workshop takes place on October 5-9, 2009. I'll be teaching participants how to get studio quality light from small flashes when shooting portraits in a variety of locations. You'll learn the fundamentals of small-flash portraiture and then build upon these concepts with multi-light set-ups on location.

I'll also be discussing the state of corporate photography today, how to build a portfolio of corporate work, and strategies for marketing to corporate image buyers. I've been shooting for nearly 30 years in the corporate world. Don't miss out on this terrific week of photography, there are only 15 spaces for this workshop and I'm certain they'll fill quick.

I look forward to the workshop and hope to see you there! DT

No comments: