Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Relationships



I've been shooting for my friend Marti for quite sometime now. I met Marti about 13 years of so ago when she work at a local energy company. I shot there annual report and since that time have remained friends.
Marti has changed employers several times since our first meeting, because of your friendship I have been able to continue providing photography where ever she has moved. In any business, turning a customer into a client is key.
I have several clients that I've worked with over a period of years and years.  Many of those folks, I have never met personally. Face it, there are tons of photographers out there that know what their doing (photographically). I can tell you from personal experience, that if your a decent person and provide great service you'll have clients for years.
I have another friend (client), named Mark. I have worked with Mark for that many years. As a matter of fact, we have know each other of about 30 years. We've traveled on assignment together and have had tons of laughs together. I cherish my working relationships and you should too.  I know you most likely have heard this statement before, believe me it's true.  I so much easier to keep a client then to find a new one!
Take care and nurture the relationships you have, really. The photo of the bolt above illustrates something important to me regarding this subject of relationships.
Late last year I was shooting with Marti somewhere in West Virginia, I was working on her annual report shooting various Oil & Gas type stuff. We were on site at a well head shooting an employee with his truck checking on things. While walking back to the rental car, Marti spotted a bolt on the ground and asked if I would mind shooting that for her.  The first thing out of my mouth was, "You bet Martie, something for your wall?"  She stopped, looked at me and said, "You know what I love about you David? Most anyone else would have said your crazy Marti, but you just go with the flow and ... something like that"  I could have very easily said your nuts and walked on, it's all about the client. 
Here are a few more images shot for Marti on this particular assignment. Hope you enjoy. DT


 

 





No comments: