Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Monterey & San Francisco Photos

I was recently asked by a reader of my blog, if I could post some of my personal shots from my recent assignment. After shooting the Quarry in the Salines Valley, Erik and I headed to Monterey and San Francisco for some personal shooting. So here are a few of them. This photo was shot in a cemetery Pacific Grove. I shot this with my Canon G9 which I just love.

This next photo of a lighthouse was taken just across the street from the cemetery. The gate to the pathway to the lighthouse was locked, so I had to stand on a trash can to get this shot. This photo was also taken with the Canon G9.

What a beautiful pant this is, I don't know the name but I just love it! I was driving by some very expensive homes along the shore just south of point Lobos. I was checking out all the beautiful homes and my eyes saw this plant. I used the G9 on macro, hand held. WOW.

These next few where shot in San Francisco, I was shooting with my Nikon D2X. I had driven

up to the Coit Tower, on Telegraph Hill in downtown S.F. I was shooting south to this building and happened to catch 2 birds flying between the two up rights and a person in mid stride on one of the floors. I shot this using a 80-200mm f/2.8 lens.

From here, Erik and I drove across the Golden Gate Bridge to photograph the city from the other side of the bay. I had never taken any photos from this area before, but have seen countless numbers of them over the years.

The weather was just perfect, clear with lots of ships passing under the bridge. I used all types of lens here, 12mm - 300mm f/2.8 San Francisco is such a special place, I love visiting and photographing this city.

Here are the images shot from across the bay, all where shot with the Nikon D2x except for the last image of the sunset. That photo was taken with the G9.

I sure do appreciate hearing from all of those who post comments on my blog. I just don't know who's reading and how many. Or if anyone is really interested in it at all. I started this blog as a dairy for myself, I never really keep a journal of all my travels and assignments earlier in my career. But now with the internet, I can not only write about my photography but I can also share my photos. The internet wonderful, I just love it.

Also, look for a profile write up about me on That's My Monkey:Digital Photography Tips & Tools in the next few days. I've been told that it should be up tomorrow or the next day.

Anyway, here are the last of the personal photos taken on this last assignment, enjoy. DT




Additional work can be seen at my website TEJADAPHOTO.COM

I've specialized in annual report photography for Fortune 500 companies for 24 years.

6 comments:

Scott Piner said...

Hey David,

That's the Point Pinos lighthouse in Pacific Grove! My wife and I had the pleasure of traveling to Monterey/Pacific Grove/Big Sur and San Francisco back in 2006. I actually went into the lighthouse and shot a red geranium in the window sill. Great times! That trip was actually the birth of my photography business. Seeing your photos brought me back to that time period.

Scott

PS...I found your blog via a link from The Strobist.

Patrick Blake said...

Hi David,

Love your blog! If you want to know how many people are visiting, get a free counter at http://blogcounter.com/. I use it on my blog - it looks good, doesn't take up too much room and it works.

Pat
http://blakephotography.blogspot.com/

Will Foster said...

Very cool David. IT is nice seeing personal enjoyment along side work. That Canon G9 is nice, too bad I can't afford it. A Pocket Wizard would look nice on top of it... haha!

Thanks for posting your stuff, I have learned a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

David,

Please do keep up with your blog. Whether there are few or many, we all appreciate your knowledge. Thanks again for your inspiration.

Anonymous said...

More great photos. Your photos with the G9 are fantastic. Canon should be paying you for advertising.

Thanks for posting.

Natasha Mhatre said...

The plant is a Bromeliad.