Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Merry Christmas-My Wish for You.

I want to take this time to wish all my readers a very Merry Christmas or Holiday Wishes and a very Happy New Year. Thank you for all your wonderful well wishes and comments to this blog throughout the year.

This past year has been a hard one for me. As my regular readers know, my father and step mother both passed away earlier this year. I miss them both dearly. There is not a day that go's by that I don't think of them both, particularly my dad. I often find myself wanting to call my dad and than realize that his gone. Instead, I just do it mentally.


This will be my first Christmas without my father and I find it hard. I know over time this will lessen, but it just doesn't help this year. My father and I had a very close relationship, he always encouraged me and provided moral support when I was starting my business and when things got slow. My dad was my biggest fan.

I encourage all of you take the time to tell those in your life that you love them. It's a lot easier to do now rather than later, you know what I mean. Anyway, let me take this time to thank each and everyone of you for reading my blog, I appreciate all your comments and I hope you continue to read my posts in 08.

I want to wish my wife Debbie and son Chris a Very Merry Christmas, thanks so much for all you do for me. I'd also like to wish my 3 sisters Merry Christmas as well, I know this has been a tough year but things will get better, so they say...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you David. I know I'm just a stranger out here in "blogland" but as I've said, you are truly a premier source of education and inspiration for me and it means a lot to me to be able to wish you the best for this Christmas season.

I lost my Dad 11 years ago when he was only 46 and you are right, the pain does lessen as the years go by but the memories never fade. I still wake up in the middle with tears in my eyes having dreamt of him. Keep him close to your heart and he will never be gone.

Best wishes

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate your blog and your videos. I feel like you are a mentor to me, yet we've never met. Please continue to blog and to share the awesome videos!

Anonymous said...

David,
the darkest moment is just before dawn .... if you keep that in mind, it will help you to hang on in there.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year from Belgium.

Jürgen

Joanna said...

Merry Christmas, David. And, thanks for blogging. You are an inspiration.

Sean McCormack said...

My condolences David, it's tough at this time of year. We lost my father in law last month and my mother in law is in hospital being operated on for breast cancer. It's not a picnic by any stretch, but life is there to be taken by horns. Regret can only hold us down. I'm glad you can rejoice in the love that you shared with your Dad.
Best wishes for you and yours.
Sean.

Robert Lee II said...

I just discovered your blog a week or so ago and have enjoyed my visits here. I was very sorry to read about the loss of your father and wish to express my sympathies. I lost my mother 3 years ago and I understand.

Merry Christmas to you and your family David!

Gordon Buck Jr. said...

Merry Christmas and many thanks for your blog. I've learned a lot and will be learning more, I'm sure.

When in his eighties, my dad told me that he thought of his own dad every day -- that would have been some forty years! At the time, that seemed highly unlikely to me.

Now, five years after my dad died, I think of him every day. I'm working with his notes and memoirs for the Veterans Military History project, writing little stories about him, restoring some of his snapshots and wishing I'd taken a few more photos of him myself.

Anonymous said...

You're lucky to have had a camera before your father died; cherish those photos. My dad has been gone 5 years and the ache does lessen, but there will always be that hole, that something missing. I wouldn't say it gets better, only easier.

May your next Christmas be merrier.

In my thoughts,
Patricia

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family David. I, too, lost my father just after Christmas last year and I know what you're going through. My dad is the one who got me interested in photography when I was young and I inherited his Nikon film camera and a love for photography. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with folks like me here in cyberville.

Best wishes.