Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another Image From Tonight

I was shooting at a small gas processing plant near Coalgate, OK this evening.  I had Erik climb up some of the super structure around the plant to pose for a photo.  We used one SB-800 fired with a PocketWizard at a distance of about 400 feet.  Erik placed the strobe on a Justin Clamp and clamped it on the railing just out of the frame, camera left.

For shots like this, we use walkie talkies to communicate with one another, which allows me to position him in the photo where I need him to complete a well composed photo.  We've shot a lot of video on this assignment and I will be posting it sometime in the future.

We'll be shooting helicopter aerials tomorrow of the plant we where photographing at this evening as well as a Frac job near Ardmore, OK.   I'll be headed back to Denver late tomorrow and out again on another assignment.

For those of you attending the Small Strobes, Big Results workshop in Detroit on September 6th,  I'll be sending out a quick questionnaire prior to the workshop...  I'm looking forward to the workshop and meeting all of you.  DT 

No comments: