Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Sujan With Chairs

During a recent Nikonian Lighting workshop in the Oakland/San Francisco Bay area I photographed Sujan in a variety of locations around the hotel. After photographing her standing inside this conference room, I wanted to use the repetitive pattern of the chairs as a design element for the above photo.

I moved the boom with the 43" umbrella over to area where I had Sujan seated for the photograph. I moved the row of chairs directly in front of her in order to place a bounce surface in front and below her. I then took the background light I was using in the previous shot and turned it around and used it as a rim light on our subject.

Just as a reminder, I'll be leading the Mentor Series Trek to Newport Rhode Island in July. If you would like to join me, check out there web site for more information.

No comments: