I wanted to show you a few more photos from yesterdays shooting. My folder of photos from this assignment tell me that I've shot just over 900 images. I can see more hard drives in my future if I keep this current pace of shooting for the remainder of the year.
You can tell when your getting close to a den of Arctic Foxes, the body parts of smaller animals increase. Found this bird feather resting at the shoreline of a lake just a few yards from a den.
The images below is one of perhaps two photos I shot using strobes on this assignment. The first shows the placement of the strobe in the core sample shed and the second photo with it cropped out. The strobe was placed on the plastic foot provide with the strobe with the omni dome attached. The wall in front of the subjects was flat and I had to resort to placing it on the top row of samples at the right. My first exposure told me that I need to flag off the light striking the core sample while still allowing the light to strike the subjects being photographed.
The next photo here is a shot of sample cataloging on the back deck of the core shed. I noticed the repetitive design of the plastic bags and asked for a volunteer to pose for me.
I than notice a naturally occurring event I simply documented. I used my a long lens, (80-40 VR) to compressing the scene for a more graphic effect.
I spent about an hour with 3 environmental engineers taking water sample and stream monitoring at various locations. I took lots of photos similar to these.
I also shot aerials of the property, drill rigs and other specific shots that dealt with more operational needs rather than artistic. This was a wonderful trip which I would love to do again. Perhaps as the project grows and production begins at this site, I'll once again be sent to create new images. DT